Wednesday, March 18, 2020

It's happening... LOCKDOWN

Today is the start of 14-day lockdown, or restrictive movement order set by the Government. It is hard to believe that scenario that you normally watch in the movies is happening. It is real, scary at times when you yourself are distance away from home. The fact that the virus is highly contagious and already declared as pendemic by WHO give you a chill. At the time when the Mandatory Control order was declared by the current PM, I was already in Johor at MMHE West for my assignment. I was expected to be there for 2 weeks till end of March, staying at Renaissance JB. A decision was made by. PMT that all staff in JB will be working from home, in response to the MCO directive. So I was stranded and being quarantine in hotel for 7 days. My day in the hotel was spent by watching BBC for the in-house channel to keep myself updates on the deadly pendemic. During the stay, no breakfast buffet but it was replaced by meal set which I need to choose from 4 Set Menu. Seeing that my movement to look for food was restricted, I ordered 2 Set Menu which could last until noon. But before getting those 2 menu into my room, I was informed that I was entitled for 1 Menu set only. However I persuaded the staff that I could not go out to buy food as normal as I need to stay inside the room. And thankfully they obliged to my request.

A day during MCO I felt like the clock has not been moving. I could not sleep nor eat to fill the time there as both are considered luxury in the time of MCO. Then on the 7th day I decided to head back home as I could not bear any longer the feeling and anxiety away from my families, knowing that will not comply to the MCO directive which is to stay put where you are. The think and feelings were unbearable as I watched in TV covid-19 cases kept going up by day. So I need to take the risk, whether to go back and cross 3 states to back at home or "die" with extreme boredom ordering and eating the same food all day long. In the end, my concious was very clear, family comes first and I don't want to feel guilty for not being with my family when it matter most. So the next day early in the morning I took off from the hotel and before checking out gather as much information from the hotel staff regarding the roadblock. Looks like the most important "commodity" during the lockdown was the travelling document from the company which I did not have with me at that time. 
As the desire to cross states become more and more as I drove my way to Ibu Pejabat Polis in JB, many questions linger whether will I be able to make it or I will be barred to return home




Was eee

No comments:

Post a Comment