Saturday, July 10, 2010

The beautiful game




It is the day for the world to witness the "greatest show on earth" tonight. In the end it boils down into two teams that showcase the brilliance of football skills versus the oracle octopus. Yes Spain qualify to the final game as I predicted 4 years back when I remember being asked by my former colleague which team would win the World Cup then? I was on my journey back from meeting Customer in Seremban with my Engineering Manager CJ Yong(You are my only alibi here), when he asked those question. That conversation itself were half hearted discussed as we remembered that day was the day when we spent four treacherous hours being grilled by the Customer Operation Manager explaining the "crap" that we produced (customers complaints rejects). Spain game has not changed as far as my memory can tell, having the same set of players in this edition but they have already grow in confidence by now. Having beaten my favorite team, Die Mannschaft (the team), Spain looks like to be the favourite going into the final. The Spain team a.k.a Barcelona in disguise will surely do what they supposed to do which is to win the World Cup as favourite for the first time ever. This will be their best time to lift the World Cup or they will be no next time as the like of David Villa, Puyol, Xabi n Xavi will come of ages in this final edition.


If my prediction in 2006 do came through tonight, I wonder whether I do have the same inner power as the Famous Oracle Octopus in predicting the World Cup Champion. Apart from our "psychic" ability,other thing that we do share in common is that we are also food lovers. Food rather than our brain motivate us to receives the intuition. Wait..If the prediction do come through, It will give me a chill. Next World Cup 2014.


Well, when I said I choose Germany as my favourite team, it is not simply without thought. Look how the Joachim Leow's Boys mesmerize almost everybody with their flair in the game and as usual the discipline tactics throughout the campaign. Names like Muller, Ozil, Podolski, Kessling must be remembered and come World Cup in four years time, we will see they will shine again and time will tell. So much will happen to them in the next four years so as their skills in the game. By then we might also see Paul change his mind and start to memorize the tricolor flag of his hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment