Friday, October 7, 2016

Day 281....

It is Friday, a day when everybody looks forward to whenever the week starts. A typical Friday to me is the day for me to prepare myself to get ready to fly back to KL, normally evening flight. I went back to KL last week, after an "eventful" week last week in Shah Alam, so I supposed to be in Miri this week following my usual timetable. I would normally fly back home every two weeks, however I received a call of duty from my boss, to go to Pasir Gudang in Johor to join the investigation team and be part of the team members. I would rather not to indulge into the details of the accident in this entry,as it still pending for investigation and information is deemed confidential at this point of time.
As the appointed Tri-Podean in the team, I was preparing the day with tools for the investigation to be carried out. I asked my brother-in-arm, Lelan on how to develop the tripod beta for an incident. He gave everything and tips to use A Tripod Beta shared version and download the program into my laptop.
The Team leader has been busy liasing with the staff on the preparation to do site visit at Nautica Muar, an FSU. As the conversation and discussion continue in the Whatsapp Groupchat , we were told that we need to board a water taxi and would be travelling for 3 hours for us to reach Nautica Muar, the scene of the incidence. Everybody was so surprised to know about it, as an office based offshore staff to travel in water taxi and on top of it traveling long hours to reach to the destination. As  the person responsible of the safety of the team, I queried about the traveling arrangement to my boss, asking his opinion whether is it allowed to travel in Water Taxi for long hours. Sharing his recent trips using water taxi to a drilling rig, he advised to look into fatigue issue should it be the only option.
Upon hearing the advice from Hj Tarmizi, I informed about the discussion point to my Team Leader, Khaniff. He just took note on the advise that we should stay overnight on the vessel to ensure that we will have enough time to conduct the investigation without compromising the safety aspect of the team. I do not have grudges about it, rather I am quite nervous about the trip as it will be the first time for me to travel on water taxi, smaller boat than the fast crew boat and endure long hour. I do anticipate a choppy sea state as we are entering monsoon season. The other concern for me is that I remember that my colleague Sammy once informed that he had to jump from FCB to the boat landing of the FSU, and he did mentioned that he was quite nervous about it. Nautica Muar was located near Kumang Platform, where my collegue Sammy being assigned to. He had said that was the only time he went to on-board of the vessel, and he will never again set foot on the vessel if it is only for a routine visit.

Items to bring along whenever I need to travel offshore.

  





No comments:

Post a Comment