Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 12 and 13

Day 12 and 13
It was Deepavali Holiday, it would be another day to put myself in check.
Morning 4oo repeats Night 400 repeats of jumping rope. In the evening I together, with my parents went to Kuala Selangor to look for a new seafood market spot. We were told that there is a place called Bagan Tengkorak which is more famous for its seafood freshness. We got ready our Polystyrene box and standby a few hundred ringgits before we took off. At first we thought that it was easy to find the place but we end up looking our way out from Kg Bagan Tengkorak for almost an hour. Most of the villagers over there did not have a clue of what we were looking for when asked about direction. Some gave direction to a Chinese Village and many did not know anything at all. After long thoughts we decided to make our way back home with our polystyrene box still empty.
On our way back home we came across a full house restaurant by a roadside which sells Mee Udang Banjir. As tempted as a kid being offered candies, we drop off and managed to get empty seats for ourselves. First impression was good when we see no empty seats and we saw people waiting for their orders. There are also ample car park for visitors as there are car park spaces at the backyard of the kampung shophouses . As we were seated, abah called up the waiters to clear the dishes leftover by the previous seaters. We order 3 sets of Mee Udang and drinks and take home another 3 sets. As we looked around while waiting for our orders we soon realized that not only us waiting for the orders to come, almost all the tables were empty, no food and no drinks. I also realized that that was a big dinning table with about 10 people still awaiting restlessly for their order to come. I look my watch every minutes whenever the order came out from the kitchen and when our order reached our table we have already waited for 1 hour. As the food reached our table I heard people at the back table rumbling to the waiter because they did not get even the drinks that they have ordered. Hearing it, it did our cut our appetite and we just could not enjoy the Mee udang banjir. To our dissatisfaction, the food was not that great. It just noodle served with tomato sauce in soup except that the dish was full of fresh prawns. Nothing more and nothing less. Within 10 minutes we did finished our food and after paying for the food together with tapaus we rush back home almost at 7pm. After all the mishap,that would be the last time we have our Mee udang there.
Day 13 go for break from exercise.
I was trying very had today to resist the cooking at home. So far I have managed to cut down my nasi intake during lunch at work for 1/2 of serving. But the problem come whenever I reached home. Today it was my dad turn to put a "temptation" test on me. Abah cooked mee goreng using Maggi instant noodle and when i further probed into the kitchen I found a pan full of lokan(or kepah) cooked in curry. No, I am not going to fall prey to these lokan and mee goreng. To psyche myself i did some mental calculation on how much my calories will shoot up today if i took a dip into them. Wow, it will be about 2 days of previous calories. After looking back and forth the cookings on the plates, I decided it would be a waste if you I did not have it and as long as you could make a promise to yourself that I could recover the next day by doing extra exercise to cut the calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment