Friday, October 14, 2011

2011...what a year

After more than a year I finally got a chance to go back to my blog just to see the look at it. It's like having spent your semester in U and are now back for semester holiday. Well not much of a difference after 1 year. There is still only one follower to my blog, same emotions when reading through my entries and same page layout. But definitely a lot of things come by in my life for the past 1 year.
Career wise it was a memorable year in a sense that I never got my paycheck increased, thanks to the terrible Performance Appraisal evaluated by my Boss, Jeffrey Lawrence. I was told it was due to my poor performance in managing everything from routine works and my projects. But deep inside him I know it was not due to my incompetency, but rather he was a little bit goyang with his boss Adnan who has his eyes on me. I had some issue earlier with my boss, together with my partner in crime Yoong, however Yoong took a smart decision of requesting for transfer to Non Dairy Creamer plant. He smartly come out a few good reasons like wanting to learn new things and his need for extra money but to the fact that is know between him and me was that we could not work with JL. I think that how it started and its why I do not get the support from my boss whenever issue arise and my performance was being discuss among the Mgrs.However time passed by, Yoong has resigned and living his life to the fullest, Fadly my other First Line Manager colleague already resigned abruptly leaving his TPM secrets and "baggages" to Calvin, Adnan the Factory Mgr has transferred to Turkey and it was left to myself to deal with JL. Everyday I came to work hiding my long face and worked with my boss. I was merely acting(I'm using the skill I learned in EDMM on how to adjust your personalities when needed) whenever I bumped into him just to get back to his radar and resume the task given to me. However all the GSTD, DMAIC, Shift routine and all the TPM thingy was done accordingly. I involved more with the shopfloor while maintaing the same feelings that I have toward my Boss. Things become better when two new FLMs Hasrizal and Thamil joining in early 2011. They sort of becoming my Pressure Relief Valves where I can now transferred the production control to them. I have also asked from my boss to transfer me to Application Group just to make known my intention to him. But he gave me reason that I have to honour my "contract" as First Line Manager for 5 years before request for a transfer. After 6 months under probation then came the review of Appraisal, and damn it was a sweet one to me. The boss evaluated that I have improved and back to normal and he even shooked my hands after the review session ended. I finally redeemed myself and to me it was nothing special as I had endured the same experience before when i was with MSMM Electronics. Same sequence of events, same issue related to boss-employee relationship. At the end, my true nature and work ethics prevailed. I'll definitely look forward for future to come without turning back to yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment